Rich and Creamy Mushroom Soup
This homemade mushroom soup is thick, creamy, and rich in flavor. What’s more, it’s easy to prepare, making it a true comfort food fave!
No. of Servings: 4 Preparation time: 10 mins Total Cooking Time: 35 mins
|Onion, sliced||x 1|
|Button mushrooms, sliced||x 150g|
|Shitake mushrooms, sliced||x 150g|
|Chicken stock||x 500ml|
|Corn flour||x 2 teaspoons|
|F&N MAGNOLIA UHT Fresh Milk Full Cream||x 250ml|
|Full Cream||x 100ml|
- Melt butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms. Cook, all the while stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock. Simmer for 20 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Scoop out 2 tablespoons of mushroom. Blend the remaining mixture in a blender for 10 seconds.
- Return to a clean saucepan. Blend corn flour with a little milk to make a paste. Stir into the soup. Stir in remaining milk. Cook, constantly stirring, until soup thickens. Stir in cream.
- Put back in the 2 tablespoons of mushroom taken out just now. Heat for 3-4 minutes or until hot.
Add in croutons to compliment the taste. Fresh mushrooms are the best for this dish, try not to use canned ones.
The above recipe is directional. Actual results might vary slightly.